The MSU Sexual Assault Program has volunteer positions that will help you develop practical, work-related skills while providing essential services to people in need and reducing violence in the campus community.
Service areas include:
- 24-hour crisis line
- Crisis Chat – available 10am-10pm, 7 days per week
- Peer education and outreach
- Office support
Review the Volunteer Training Flyer for the most current training dates and submit your Volunteer Application today!
Sexual Assault Crisis Intervention Advocate (SACI)
MSU students, alumni, faculty/staff, and community members are eligible to volunteer with the SACI team. SACI advocates must complete the comprehensive 40-hour training before providing crisis intervention services.
Requirements to Volunteer:
1. Complete volunteer application
2. Complete 30-hour Sexual Assault Crisis Intervention (SACI) Advocate Training
3. Attend weekly SACI volunteer meetings on Mondays at 6pm
4. Sign up for two service shifts a month
5. One year commitment
6. If you are a survivor of sexual assault, we ask that two years have elapsed since receiving services from the MSU Sexual Assault Program before applying to volunteer with our program.