The MSU Sexual Assault Program has volunteer positions that will help you develop practical, work-related skills while providing essential services to people in need and reducing violence in the campus community.
Service areas include:
- 24-hour crisis line
- Medical advocacy
- Peer education and outreach
- Office support
Review the Volunteer Training Flyer for the most current training dates and submit your Volunteer Application today!
Sexual Assault Crisis Intervention Advocate (SACI)
MSU students, alumni, and faculty/staff are eligible to volunteer with the SACI team. SACI advocates must complete the foundational 40-hour training and the additional 5-hour Medical Advocacy trianing before providing crisis intervention services.
Requirements to Volunteer:
1. Complete volunteer application
2. Complete 40-hour Sexual Assault Crisis Intervention (SACI) Advocate Training
3. Complete 5-hour Medical Advocacy (MA) Training
4. Attend weekly SACI volunteer meetings on Mondays at 6pm
5. Sign up for two service shifts a month
6. One year commitment
7. If you are a survivor of sexual assault, we ask that two years have elapsed since receiving services from the MSU Sexual Assault Program before applying to volunteer with our program.
Current SACI members can access D2L here.